So I was hoping to have this little project wrapped up by today. Well, that didn’t happen, and let me tell you why. 🙂
Chalk-Paint, after careful consideration I believe that chalk paint is NOT for me. You have to put on 2 coats, it didn’t apply as nicely as I had hoped, and after ALL of that you have to SEAL it with either wax or poly. I have ONE thing to say about that…
I mean REALLY!
I have things to sew and fabric to buy. Not to mention clothes that need washed and that kitty litter isn’t going to clean itself!
So I had to go onto to plan B. Which I will tell you was easier and would have been LESS expensive after all is said and done. I decided to use Benjamin Moore Advance paint. It’s a waterborne paint that works just like an oil-based paint. All the goodness of an oil, with the easier cleanup of a water based. I got a gallon of their “Simply White” and used my paint sprayer. It was quick and easy!! I started yesterday around 4, sprayed for about 30 minutes, then left them to dry.
I will need to touch up in some of the crevices with a small detail brush. But other than that it was REALLY easy. I just got done spray painting the hardware (can’t afford to get new pulls yet) and then I should be finished! Will give the paint more time to cure before I begin using it (They recommend 7 days).
Then I will be able to use this as my pressing table. (I will be making a custom ironing board with some leftover batting and fun fabric. Will add that tutorial in another post)
It will also give me 9 wonderful drawers for more storage! I’m kind of fanatical when it comes to making sure everything has a place, and it’s easy for me to find, etc. So this will be really nice! I’ll show you the finished project this week!
Happy Quilting!! (And Up-Cycling!)